Firebase on Android: The Big Picture
Google Firebase on Android is a mobile platform that lets you develop high-quality maintainable apps, improve apps quality, increase user engagement, and grow your business to earn more money. In this presentation, Firebase on Android: The Big Picture, attendees will learn foundational knowledge of why and when to use Google Firebase in their Android application. They will first explore core Firebase functionalities to develop and maintain high-quality apps. Next, they will discover how they can leverage the power of Firebase to improve apps quality while in production and therefore learn how to use Firebase to grow their business. Finally, they will explore how to integrate Firebase in their Android application. At the end of my presentation, attendees will get a clear picture of why and when to use Firebase to develop, and maintain high-quality apps to flourish their business.
Objective of the session:
- Get a big picture of Firebase features that lets you develop high-quality apps economically in less time
- After app development, explore Firebase features that lets you maintain and improve the app’s quality to enhance user experience
- Last but not the least, using Firebase services explore how to track user behaviour and retention and use the statistics to grow your business by taking the right decision at the right time.
- Integrate Firebase in your Android project and explore Firebase console.
Who can attend this session?
- Managers, consultants, system architects and developers who are trying to understand and evaluate Firebase as a useful technology.
- Android developers who want to take their apps to the next level and want to build robust, high-quality, and maintainable apps.
- Rookie and interns who are new to Android development and want to explore the Firebase platform for Android.
- Any tech enthusiast who wants to get a big picture of core services offered by Firebase mobile platform is most welcome to be a part of this presentation.
What all will be covered in the session?
- Explore core Firebase features available to build high-quality Android apps such as Authentication, Cloud Firestore, Realtime Database, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Functions.
- Realise the importance of Firebase features such as Crashlytics, Performance Monitoring , and Test Lab to get insights into potential bugs and fix it to improve the quality of apps.
- Explore various Firebase tools such as Google Analytics, In-App Messaging, Cloud Messaging, Remote Config, A/B Testing , and Predictions to drive user engagement, grow user base, increase user retention, and make more money.
- Integrate Firebase SDK in your Android project using Android Studio and explore the various aspects of the Firebase console.
Benefits/Take away for the attendees:
Evaluate Firebase on Android as a complete solution to build your Android app with a serverless backend
Pre-requisites to attend the session:
- Experience in the field of development. He could be a tech lead, tech manager, intern, web developer, or mobile developer.
- If he is an Android developer then he will have edge to understand the presentation better and relate things being discussed during presentation.
Author at Pluralsight and Tech Youtuber
I am a former Mindfire Solutions employee and currently working as a full-time freelance content creator. I love to share my knowledge through my online training courses. I have published 19 high-quality Android courses on Pluralsight (https://bit.ly/34yrH8C) and 3 courses on Packt Publishers. On Udemy I have over 1 lakh students from over 146 countries (link1: https://bit.ly/2PKpYce, link2: https://bit.ly/34wNy0l). My passion for teaching embarked when I started my youtube channel and got an overwhelmingly positive response. My youtube channel Smartherd (https://bit.ly/2TWdWw5) has crossed over 60,000 subscribers. Recently my Dart programming videos got recognised by Google and has been listed as a trusted source to learn Dart programming as a part of their official Dart lang documentation (https://dart.dev/resources/videos). Being an organizer at Google Developers Group Bhubaneswar, I also conduct workshops every month to enrich developers community in Bhubaneswar. Apart from work, I love to travel and explore new places.